Friday, August 27, 2010

open house - a night to practice!

On Tuesday late afternoon Isaiah and I went to his open house at preschool (thanks mom for watching Levi AGAIN! and unfortunately Mark had to work). The open house was set up for the kids to meet their teachers and see their classroom before the first day of school.
I was telling Isaiah about what we were going to do earlier in the afternoon and I said, "Aren't you so excited?!!?" He didn't really respond. A little while later he comes up to me and says, "I'm not excited, but that doesn't mean I don't want to go." (pretty grown up statement, don't you think?)
Then when we got to his classroom, he got really shy and said, "I don't need to go. I'll go to preschool when I'm 4." His teacher, Mrs. Knapp, got down to his level and talked with him and started asking him questions. She noticed his school supplies that he brought and asked him to come help her put them away. She's so nice!! He got his supplies put away and was having a great time!
His classroom is the same room as his Sunday School room, but he just wasn't putting 2 and 2 together that it was the same place. A few times he said to me, "My church has this toy!!" I think eventually he will catch on! I will admit, they had a few bigger things out that they don't normally have so that might have thrown him off - plus it was mostly new people and a totally different time of the week and day for him to be there.
Walking in. He's not so sure.

Playing in the kitchen.

He spotted his name all by himself!

Coloring his crayon for the wall - of course he picked pink and purple and was finished in about 20 seconds - I watched all the little girls that sat around and worked hard on their crayon for 10+ minutes. boys.He did NOT want to leave. He was having so much fun playing with all the new toys and seeing all the kids. Hopefully this is a good sign that we will have a fun Monday morning!!

No comments: