Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the big firetruck

We were making another regular stop at Target the other night when we pulled up and saw a police car with flashing lights. I was a bit concerned until I saw the stand full of balloons and a sign for "safety night." We went to check out the action, but the event was just starting and there wasn't much going on - so we decided to go get what we needed (more band-aids, unfortunately they were out of Spiderman, but Isaiah was equally happy with the Transformers-I don't think he even knows what they are, but they look rough and tough so he was happy). When we came back out, not only were there policemen around the police car but a big firetruck! The boys were definitely interested in checking it out!

I think we may have been the first kids to actually go up to the policeman because he was VERY eager to tell Isaiah and Levi all about his car. He was trying to explain in great detail all about the car, the boys were hardly listening, but I was interested to find out that the police officers use their laptop computers to find directions to locations they are sent to as well as check on license plate numbers and communicate with other officers. They also have two HUGE rifles (or some kind of gun, I can't remember - but he gave the exact numbers and models) in the middle of the two front seats...I could go on and on about what he was telling our 1 and 3 year old. As soon as we could get away from the policeman, we hurried to the firetruck. The fireman was about the exact opposite of the policeman and was quiet and just let the boys look - exactly what we needed! :) They even got to go up inside the firetruck!! Isaiah has talked several times about the HUGE flashlight that he got to hold inside the truck!! Unfortunately my camera was in the car so I didn't get to capture their amazement, but I couldn't resist and we did go back quick so I could take a couple pictures -I've never been so happy with my trip to Target! Hooray for Safety Night!

No comments: