Saturday, August 7, 2010

UNI Museum

We were looking for a fun family outing on Monday morning when we decided to go to the UNI museum. I don't think I had ever been to this museum and it had been a long time since Isaiah had (he used to go with Kammy when he was very little-I'm sure he didn't remember it). Mark and I were both impressed with it! It's just a little museum, but full of animals everywhere!

The front room is their changing exhibit. This month it was full of games past and present from all over the world. Isaiah was so excited to play a game he'd never seen before!

Levi was not so interested in the games so he quickly found the animal room. WOW!

There was so many different animals to look at! Levi's favorite was the turkey. He kept pointing at it and saying, "turkey" and then laughing. Isaiah said he liked Alvin the best (we have little chipmunks that run around our house and we call them all Alvin - like Alvin and the chipmunks). I was most impressed by the big lion and if I had to guess, I think Mark would have liked the antelopes.

Isaiah was also impressed by the dinosaur bones! Looking back I realize I didn't get a good picture to capture how neat the exibits are in this museum, I guess we'll have to go back! :)

No comments: