Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wartburg Homecoming!

This weekend was homecoming at my alma mater - Wartburg College!  It's been quite awhile since I'd been on campus and I didn't get the kids to a single parade this summer (but they did go to the Sturgis Falls parade with Mark when I had to work in June), so we figured, let's go!  

The boys looked so cute sitting together before the parade started.  

 
 It finally started and right away both boys were so excited and interested. 

Isaiah was super excited to see the Knight drive by. 
And then as they started to throw candy, he was in his own little heaven - he couldn't have been happier!
 Levi was pretty much a statue the entire time just watching everything go by, he didn't even move for the candy!!

 After the parade we walked around campus.  Even though it was a yucky, rainy day, the campus was still as beautiful as ever!
The boys had fun with the foutain.  They both wanted to get in it really bad :)  I think at one point they were both very, VERY close!
 I had fun showing the kids all the different buildings that I used to go to all the time - between my classes, where I lived (we even got to peak in my very first dorm room!), ate meals, etc I was pretty much in every building regularly!  I don't think they really cared/understood, but it was sure fun for me and Mark to reminisce.
 We also had to check out the football field.  The boys couldn't take their eyes off the field and how HUGE it is.  They also thought it was fun to watch the football players walk around on the field.
 Both Mark and I were amazed at the new wellness center.  What a wonderful facility!   The boys were both sad that we couldn't go swimming in the big pool with a waterslide!  Hopefully we can make it up there sometime this winter!

By the time we had made it through all of this, we were all hungry.  We decided to pass on the $5 hotdogs and head home.  What a FUN way to spend a Saturday morning!!

No comments: