Sunday, December 5, 2010

happy birthday dad!

My dad's birthday was on December 4.  We got to celebrate with him all day long!  

When I told him that the boys were getting a bit "cabin feverish" he suggested a morning walk, so we started the day off exercising!  It happened to be the first real snow of the year the night before and the boys were very excited to wake up to snow (about an inch maybe?).  We got our snowpants, coats, hats, and mittens on and went out to play while we waited for grandpa to come pick us up (watch for another post, if I ever get to it!!:). 

We had a nice walk outside at Hartman. 
We even ran into a campfire to warm us up in the middle!
 My sister's family and my parents came to our house for lunch and we put the 2 year-olds down for a nap.  Then LeAnna and Caiden came over to watch the kids so the "grown-ups" could head up to Waverly for Christmas with Wartburg.

The seating arrangements at the Newman auditorium are a bit confusing so we had some trouble finding our seats! :)  but once we found them we had a few minutes before the show - my husband used this time to be his normal silly self!
What a beautiful event!  I enjoyed it completely.  (Some of the others in the group -- my sister, Mark, my dad and possibly Jay -- might say it was a bit too peaceful and took a short nap throughout the concert! haha).

 We even got to go out for dinner together just the 6 of us!  (I can't remember the last time we've done that!)  I should have gotten a picture, what was I thinking??

Then it was back to our house for a little Guitar Hero.  Notice Isaiah rocking out on his guitar.  Mark's played this a few other times recently and Isaiah, Levi and Caiden all participate with their own little (toy) guitars!  It's pretty cute!
Happy Birthday dad!  I hope you enjoyed your special day!!

No comments: