Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm ready to go outside now!

Isaiah decided that he wanted to go outside and play today while the other little ones were sleeping. What a great idea! It was nice outside today--the sun was shining, but it was a bit chilly. Here's what happened:

Isaiah: "Let's go outside and play!"
Me: "Yeah!"
Isaiah: "Okay, I'll be right back, I've got to get ready."
Me: "Okay."

He went into his room and came back a couple minutes later like this:
That's right - in his swimming trunks and swimming shirt!

Isaiah: "Let's play water guns!"
Me: "It's not that warm outside, you will get cold."
Isaiah: "No I won't. I won't get cold."
Me: "Okay, we can try it."

So we went outside and had a water fight for about 10 minutes.

Isaiah: "My hands are really cold."
Me: "I bet they are."
Isaiah: "I'm ready to go inside."
Me: "Okay, let's go."
Isaiah: "That was fun."
Me: "Yeah, it was, huh?"

HA HA. A water gun fight in November, who would have thought?

2 comments:

In Light of the Truth... said...

I love that you are so good about just letting the boys do silly little kid stuff! I think I say NO way too much!

alisha said...

Thanks Sarah! I've learned that I really have to choose my battles... and why not let him learn for himself! :) I don't think he'll want to go out in his swimsuit when it's this cold again!