Monday, November 28, 2011

Nutcracker Ballet

The boys, my mom and I went to see the Minnesota Ballet perform the Nutcracker ballet at the Gallagher Bluedorn on November 20.  When the Gallagher first announced the schedule of shows back in July (I think) I was excited to see this one coming and thought it would be neat to take Isaiah, but when kid tickets were only $1 I figured I'd buy one for Levi too and decide closer to the time if we were going to take him and I decided to.  I was a bit worried that they would get restless or loud, but I was happily surprised that they were very interested for most of the ballet.  After about an hour and fifteen minutes there was an intermission and both boys were upset because they thought that it was over!  Then about 30 minutes after the intermission Levi was done - very restless - luckily there was only about 10 minutes left of the show.  He really, really wanted the mice to come back on stage - in one scene several mice danced around the stage and he loved them.  I got him through the last bit of the show telling him to watch for the mice, but unfortunately when they came back on stage to bow they had their masks off so that you could see who the dancers were.  Levi was so bummed.  He still talks about it :)  Both boys were so excited when it was over and glad to have gone.  It was definitely worth the money and I hope we can make it an annual tradition.  Thanks mom for coming with us!  


Photography wasn't allowed while the play was going on - I wish it was so I could have taken a picture of those mice!  But I did get a few cute ones before the show and found a few online of scenes from the production we saw (at least I think).  


Although it can be a lot of work, money and stress to take the kids out and about to do things like this, it is soooo worth it!  I'm hoping we can still make things like this happen when Baby #3 arrives!! :)

No comments: