Sunday, November 20, 2011

Spooky Pancakes

The Friday before Halloween Ihop was offering free spooky pancakes for kids.  I happened to notice this advertised somewhere and I knew the boys would love it.  If I haven't mentioned it before, all three boys around here would eat pancakes for just about every meal and could probably eat an entire package of sausage on their own.  So after naptime the boys and I went for pancakes - luckily Caiden was able to go along with us so he joined in the fun too.  (You'll notice from the pictures that the party was the same day as the fall party at preschool.)   The waitress brought the kids each a big pancake with whipped cream eyes and mouth, a strawberry nose and a side of candy corn and mini oreos to finish the face.  The kids had fun making their faces and then asked me to wipe off ALL of the toppings (except Isaiah gladly ate his strawberries and the other strawberries) so they enjoyed their plain pancakes. :)  I figured this was better for them anyway - they didn't need the sugar of the whipped cream or the oreos! 

I love how it's the simple things that make the boys so excited! 

No comments: