Sunday, November 16, 2008

Liahna Marie

Liahna Marie
November 15, 2008
7:22am . 7lbs 3 ozs . 18 1/2 inches

My beautiful niece was born yesterday...she is so precious.

Both mommy and baby are doing great.


Yesterday morning around 7:35 my sister called me to share her wonderful news! So I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get down to meet my niece as soon as possible. Everyone (except Mark who was already off at drill) was still asleep...so I called several friends to see if anyone was awake and could watch Isaiah...I didn't think he'd survive a 2 1/2 hour car ride down to sit in a hospital to ride 2 1/2 hours back...so thank goodness for my friend LeAnna!!! She was so wonderful and said bring him right on over... so out the door I flew...and Isaiah says, "Isaiah needs shoes." I was in such a hurry I forgot to put shoes, a coat or hat on my little two year old... oops :) So after a few minutes of thinking through what LeAnna might need for Isaiah and what I might need for Levi...we made it out the door. I dropped off Isaiah who was still completely confused and sped down the highway...and arrived to meet my niece at around 10am. (If you do the math, you'll realize I was going just a bit over the speed limit :) ).

Once we got there, the nurse met me at the door to the maternity wing and told me that Levi couldn't come into my sister's room...so he got to sit in the carseat (in the double stroller because I forgot to switch it out for the single) in the hallway right outside her door. I think my sister was the only patient in the hospital, but rules are rules so Levi couldn't go in the room.

So in the room I went...and met the perfect little baby girl.




No comments: