Sunday, November 30, 2008

our tree.

After we got home from our Thanksgiving Day celebration we decorated our Christmas tree! Isaiah did such a good job hanging on the bulbs! He put them on very carefully with just a little bit of help here and there. We let him put them wherever he wanted them and we only have a few spots where there are several all together. It looks so pretty!




Levi got to watch from the sidelines...maybe next year he'll get to help!


I still have more to put on it and we haven't put "our" ornaments on it yet, but it sure makes our house seem so Christmasy.

Every year at Christmas time my mom would buy my sister and I a Hallmark ornament. (and sometimes my dad would get one if they had a really cool one he liked--like a funny looking Star Trek ship that made noise or something fun like that:) ). We'd each pick one out that symbolized something that was special to us that year...Looking back at them is really neat...When Mark and I got married, we continued the tradition and each picked out an ornament each year...and we have gotten one for Isaiah each of his Christmases too...(We still need to go pick out ornaments this year---we are behind!!) . But I'm glad my mom did this for me, and I'm thankful I can continue it on!! I'll let you know what ornaments we decide on for this year!

Isn't this a fun family picture??? Too bad Levi was moving, but I still love it!

No comments: