Monday, November 17, 2008

the woods.

Isaiah has always loved to be outside. He loves to play in our backyard, he LOVES, LOVES the park, and he loves to go to the woods. Maybe it's because he was exposed to being outside at a really young age (Above is a picture of Isaiah as a baby out on a walk)

My parents live very close to Hartman Reserve. My dad takes his dog there almost every day (sometimes more than once a day!) When Mark was in Iraq and it was just me and Krypto, my dad and I would take our dogs there together all of the time. AfterIsaiah was born, my dad, Isaiah and I went out together several times...as Isaiah has gotten bigger it's been harder to go--it's not a stroller friendly place...and I have never gotten a carrier that will work well on walks...But this weekend my mom, dad, Isaiah, Levi, Krypto, Flash and I went out to the woods at Hartman... Isaiah is so big now that he likes to walk (and run) along the trail! He's faster than my parents and me! My dad took him out a few weeks ago with the dogs, and he told us that he kept up really good...but I didn't realize he did this good!! He was running and looking around. He even made it up two sets of HUGE stairs (see the picture below)!

Levi, on the otherhand, didn't like it too much! I had him in the sling, but I couldn't get him in right...and he needed a blanket over him and I couldn't get it figured out so I finally just carried him with the blanket...but all in all we had a good time and we all got some much needed fresh air! Needless to say, Isaiah was worn out! He took a 2 1/2 hour nap that afternoon!! And as you can notice in the picture of me and Levi, Krypto had a great time too! I think he loves the woods even more than Isaiah!

No comments: