Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Finger painting fun!

In my never ending search to keep my wild man occupied, I decided to give finger painting a try! I thought he might think it was really fun to get his hands all painted up and have a chance to go crazy with the paint...

I have to say I was a little surprised when he did not like having the paint on his fingers! After I squirted the paint on his paper, I encouraged him to touch it...and right away he wanted it wiped off. After talking about it for awhile, he has finally decided that it's okay to paint if I promise we would wipe the paint off after he is done with each color! I think in time he'll get used to it and enjoy it even more.

I decided we'd have a purpose to our paintings...so we painted Valentine's Day cards for family and friends...so if you don't want a sneak peak to your card...you may not one to look at the pictures this time! :)

Here he is checking out the paints. I wasn't sure how messy he would get so I made him strip down! After the first time, I realized it wasn't quite as messy as I thought it could be, so he hasn't had to do that again!


The finished projects!
Jayda got in on some painting too...but after the cards were made, so she just made an orginal creation! I have to say, she was nothing like Isaiah...she loved it from the start and enjoyed getting messy. She was focusing really hard on it (I think she's going to be very artistic like her mommy!) and made a beautiful picture!
In case you want a sneak peak at Levi's Valentine's Day card I'll post a picture of it here. I had his 5 month pictures taken a few weeks ago and they gave me a few free cards to go along with it.

No comments: