Tuesday, February 17, 2009

just another day.

Today is just another crazy day around here...The meter reader guy is coming somewhere between 8 and 10, the dishwasher repair guy is coming between 8 and 12 (yes again!) and the group of realtors is coming somewhere between 9 and 11. Whew!!

So I figured I'd better be prepared to keep the kids entertained (and out of the way) and our house clean (so the realtors will think we are serious!).

First thing in the morning, Mark and I tried to clean, clean, clean while the Isaiah and Levi were still asleep...then Isaiah woke up, Jayda and Jonah got to our house, and Mark had to head off to school. I tried to find ways that Isaiah and Jayda could help me clean... and in the midst of it all, a monster showed up!!!

Isaiah came up to me and said, "A monster's here!!" (this is a pretty regular thing for him right now)

"OH NO! We'd better hide!" I said to him, so we all hid for a minute and then...

Isaiah said, "the monster's gone." so we went back to cleaning....

"A monster's here!!!" Another monster came a couple minutes later.

"Oh no! Let's hide."

"No mama, this is a nice monster. He's a big boy like me!" (so cute!)

By this time it was close to 8:30 and we had our first visitor -- the meter man. He came and read the meter and left...2 minutes later.

Then Levi woke up and decided to do (one of) his daily blowout(s). Jayda and Isaiah helped me change his diaper, onesie, shirt, pants, and socks and wipe him down from hair to feet (yes it reached everything! Just ask Laura, I'm not exaggerating!). As I was wiping him down, Isaiah started chanting for me, "Go Mama Go! Go Mama Go! Go Mama Go!" I started laughing so hard that Isaiah and Jayda joined in. It was hilarious!

Shortly after Levi was all cleaned up, the realtors showed up. I was expecting like 3-5 of them to come look at the house and then leave... well, our realtor came in and said I'm bringing in the troops...and he wasn't kidding at least 15 people came in and looked around our house while Isaiah, Jayda, Jonah and I tried to stay out of the way (by this time Levi was back to sleep on our bed). The kids were pretty cute watching all of these people and I think they all thought I was the mother of 4 really small children (which I thought was funny) and a few even asked about the age difference between Isaiah and Jayda... I quickly explained that they were not all mine... Then the head realtor commented on our dishwasher--he said, "wow that's a really nice brand, I hear those are wonderful." I just said, "yeah." He then said, "my wife would really like one of those. they are supposed to be really quiet." "yeah, it is really quiet," I said. I didn't think it'd be appropriate to tell him that the repair man was coming for the 8th time today to fix it again.

So they left.... and just as the last one was out the door, the phone rang and the repair man was just around the corner and ready to come fix our dishwasher.

So he came... and worked on it. He had to run to his vehicle to get another tool...

and Isaiah says, "Where did that man go mama?" I told him he went to get another tool to keep fixing the dishwasher....and he said, "oh." and the man came back and Isaiah got down on his hands and knees to mimic the repairman. He was so curoius.

Then he left, saying that the wrong part had been ordered for us and the would order another one...and they'd have to come back... maybe I should give that realtor's wife our dishwasher?

Anyway, we had lunch and it was time for a nap...for the kids...

and that was just our morning...

No comments: