Monday, February 9, 2009

my weekend with the boys.

This past weekend was another weekend Mark had to spend at Camp Dodge. We sure had a great time going with him a couple weekends ago, but one exciting weekend like that is enough for me for awhile, so we stayed home and had our own little weekend at home!

Friday Laura came over to re-trim our living room (because we are horrible painters and did a really bad job a long time ago!) Thank you Laura!!! It looks PERFECT! Friday night, Isaiah, Levi and I went on a mission to find some baskets to decorate these really awkward shelves that we have in between our living room and kitchen. We looked all over Wal-Mart and then Target. We also picked up a few other things...:)

The first one...water colors and brushes...so of course we had to paint when we got home...

Isaiah and the paint, brushes, and water...in his new pose that he does when I tell him to say cheese.

Singing while he paints...he had fun using one brush for a second, then another, then another, then back to the first...he'd say, "I don't want that one." and grab another...

I was surprised that he held the brush like a pencil...who taught him that?

The finished painting.

We also bought ICE CREAM CONES!! YUMMMMY! I knew it would be a fun special treat for Isaiah and me. Isaiah was so excited about the paint and the ice cream he couldn't decide what he wanted to do first... finally he said, "let's paint and then have ice cream." about 5 minutes into painting he said, "let's eat ice cream then paint." ha ha so we took a break to eat our ice cream and came back to painting.
yummy!

The other thing I bought special was a pair of shoes for Isaiah...I almost always go down the toddler shoe aisle when I go to wal-mart or target...and I always find LOTS and lots of adorable little girl shoes...and then a couple choices for boys--like white with navy tennis shoes or brown boots.... but this time I found these adorable little shoes for Isaiah--and they were on clearance for $3.00!

Saturday came and we hung around the house trying to clean up...and play...and organize our house...
Isaiah and I got outside to shovel for a couple hours while Levi took a nap... Isaiah's shovel was under the deck, so I had him go get it--he didn't really want to, but there was no way I would fit! Here he is trying to get it out.

Later grandpa and grandma came over for supper. While grandpa made super and watch the little ones, my mom and I ran to Hobby Lobby still looking for baskets. Thanks dad!

Isaiah and grandma snuggling while they watch Diego...shortly after this picture, Isaiah looked up at my mom and said, "I don't want to sit with you anymore." and he moved to the chair...he isn't afraid to speak what's on his mind!! poor grandma.

Also this weekend, Isaiah found a few of my old toys that are from when I was little...my parents have been bringing over boxes of my old stuff...they think it's time that I stored all my old junk instead of them...so I've been trying to go through it...most of it is ending up in the garbage...a little sad...but it's time...

my old pop beads...and my ET spaceship thing. Isaiah thinks they are both pretty cool!

We had more fun on Sunday...but that will have to be for another post!

No comments: