Thursday, February 12, 2009

Levi eats!

On Monday night after work, I decided it was time...to let Levi eat food!! I knew he was ready...he watches me eat so intently and he grabs for my food. So I got the cereal mixed with a little bit of my milk and Mark, Isaiah and I sat down to feed him. Mark got to give him the first bite, and he was so excited, he never got to see Isaiah eat baby food!

Daddy feeding Levi his first bite!


Isaiah was SO excited too. He's helped me feed Jonah before, and so when I told him we were going to feed Levi, he REALLY wanted to help too. He was a little cranky that he didn't get to feed him first, but after Daddy had a turn, it was Isaiah's turn.


After he ate several bites of rice cereal, Mark said, "don't we have something that tastes good that we can feed him?" Because he was doing so perfectly with the cereal, I figured it'd be fine to feed him some baby food bananas too. So he got to try those too. He LOVED both. In fact he kept reaching for the food when we were getting him another bite.


And when we weren't fast enough, he'd try to eat the high chair.


We all had a lot of fun feeding him! And he did so great, I'm almost sad to say that I don't really have a good really messy picture of him--because he hardly got messy at all!


Here were Levi's first foods...


PS The bib was for you Grandma Michele!

1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Wow, that's awesome that Levi did so good! It took Hannah months to learn how to swallow food!