Friday, May 1, 2009

the circus

The Circus came to town this week so of course we had to go!!

Mark and I were excited to go because it was both Isaiah and Levi's first circus! We were also excited to go along with Laura, Jayda and Jonah! We were able to choose 4:30 or 7:30, and 7:30 was really not an option--way too close to bedtime (which is 8:30 for Isaiah) so we went at 4:30. Because of work schedules, nap schedules, school schedules, etc, we weren't able to get there early so our seats were pretty far up and it was really crowded, but it worked out just fine!

The first act was the lions and other cat-like animals (I'm not really sure what they all were and I'm really not that good with animals!). I think it was pretty scary, strange, and confusing for Isaiah and Jayda...They both watched intently but didn't really get it. But as more and more acts came out, Isaiah really liked it I think. Throughout the different acts they played up beat music. A couple different times Isaiah got out of his seat and danced. It was pretty cute.
Midway through the show Levi decided it was nap time.
Between the three adults, it was kind of like musical chairs for the kids...ha ha, I think by the time we left we had all held all 4 kids! It was fun to be able to share the circus with each child...
I've asked Isaiah several times if he had fun at the circus and he shouts, "YEAH!!" He has said many times, "let's go to the circus." so I know he enjoyed it. Then I ask him what his favorite part was and he says, "the motorcycles." He's answered this every time--which for him is unusual, usually his favorite thing is different every time you ask him (for example, if you ask him his favorite color it is blue then 10 minutes later it would be red, the next day it would be green and so on! :) ).

Here's Isaiah's favorite - they also had a metal ball thing they road around in.After the circus and after the boys were in bed, Mark and I were talking about the circus and all the different parts. He was saying what he liked the best and different things and then he says, "what was up with that dumb camel act? they had some camel just running in circles followed by a little pony." (or something close to that)...then he says, "so what was your favorite part?" and guess what...I said, "the camel act" (and I was totally serious, ha ha!) I thought the camel looked really neat and pretty...too funny. (sorry it's blurry, I didn't get a good picture)
Our family.The Carlson's (minus Cliff) Cute litle Jonah-he loves that thumb!
All in all we had a great time...I love to be able to take Isaiah and Levi to fun things like this...

No comments: