Sunday, May 17, 2009

weekend project: the dining room floor.

This weekend we decided to take on the dining room floor. It was covered in the same CARPET that the rest of the main floor (besides the kitchen) is covered in. The carpet is in really good shape, but it is really light! Needless to say our light colored dining room carpet didn't stay clean through one meal at our house... :)

My dad so nicely offered to help us install Pergo flooring...and we wanted to get it done as soon as we could...so this weekend it was...

Before: (sorry it's a horrible picture of Easter morning, I can't believe I couldn't find a better before dining room picture)
Ripping up the carpet.Down to the old tile.
Halfway done.Levi and me helping. :) No really, I did what I could to help--I painted all the trim.
After: We LOVE it...It looks really nice!
I can't believe what a difference it makes in the whole house!

Thanks Dad for all of your help!

2 comments:

Angie said...

it looks great!! that will be so much nicer than carpet in there! even to move chairs and stuff. good idea!

In Light of the Truth... said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL! Good choice! Looks like the rest of the house is lovely as well! Can't wait to see it in real life! =)