Wednesday, May 6, 2009

magnets and blocks

Levi has become a VERY mobile baby in the past couple weeks...he went from learning to crawl late April to crawling EVERYWHERE by the beginning of May. If he is sitting somewhere, he could easily be 20 feet away in a just a few seconds...he is fast...he also loves to GRAB -- his favorite thing to grab is hair--ouch! poor Jonah! I think Levi likes Jonah's hair the best, the two baby buddies can't sit too close to each other anymore!

But along with his new mobility, he's also able to do more fun things around the house too. Within the last week he's decided that he likes to play with the magnets on the fridge. He sure looks cute playing with them too...Isaiah has also had some big changes these last few weeks...he is really, really starting to be interested in letters and spelling. At least a couple months ago he learned to write the letter "I" which he refers to as "his name" or "down top" (as in down top down, how we taught him to write it). Next he learned to recognize my letter and shortly there after he learned daddy's letter and Levi's letter... He doesn't have the names of the letters down completely, but he is really getting it... if he sees something with an "A" on it he will say, "there's your letter mama" or if he sees words, he will ask, "where's my letter?" if there is no "I" or if he can't find it.

I'm really trying hard to use the names of each letter as we talk about them instead of simply saying, "Levi's letter" like he does. Maybe this will help him pick up on the names?

He also learned how to spell a word! We went on a family walk a week ago or so and we walked by a stop sign. We stopped and Mark pointed it out to him and we talked all about the sign and what it means, and that it says S-T-O-P which spells stop. Now every time we are in the car or on a walk he will say, "there's one. I found a stop sign." when he sees one...and if you ask him, "what letters are on a stop sign?" he'll say, "S-T-O-P, stop." He gets really, really excited if we happen to be somewhere that you can see more than one at a time...

The other day we were playing blocks and Isaiah made an "I" out of the blocks...he thought of it all on his own...then we proceeded to make more letters he knows out of blocks.
In this picture you will find, K-for my mom Karen, I-for Isaiah (duh), 2 Ms-for Mark and Mervin, my dad, 2 Ls-for Levi and Liahna and A-for Alisha...and a couple cars because we like to make roads and parking lots for them and Isaiah's milk cup...

1 comment:

Nichole78910 said...

I definitely think Isaiah needs to learn N next, I want my letter made out of blocks :) He is such a smart little boy! You're doing so great with him!