Wednesday, October 1, 2008

m.a.i.l. time...the first post

Our first post... so I've been the one who just about daily reads a few of my friends' blogs and realize just how fun they are and a great way to keep track of all of life's wonderful memories...but never take the time to do it myself. Well, something happened today that made me realize that I need to blog to remember the every day events that makes my life so great.

You may be wondering why I decided to title our blog m.a.i.l. time... well... M-Mark, A-Alisha, I-Isaiah, L-Levi. Creative, huh? :)

So... Here is today's fun story...

12:00 noon came again...which means it is time to start thinking about nap time...for me this is a great time of the day...a chance to get a few things done, check my email, and have a few minutes to just be...Isaiah, on the other hand, doesn't like nap time, but absolutely needs a daily nap or we'll be in for a wild, cranky and whiny night... so today, just like every day, I ask Isaiah, "do you want to watch Mickey or Diego?" (because our nap time routine starts with about 15-20 minutes of TV time to quiet down and forget that there are lots of toys outside, or that there is play doh in the cupboard). We watched our little bit of TV, read our stories, and then Isaiah got into my arms to shut off the light and listen to me sing my few songs before he lays down. I lay Isaiah in his bed and he immediately stands up and starts crying (this is not unusual) so I left the room hoping he'd fall asleep in a couple minutes like most days...well not today. He decides to jump out of his crib (which he just started doing a few days ago!! YIKES, toddler bed here we come) so I go in and hold him and start singing which usually calms him down, but, again, not today. So after singing every quiet song I could think of, I start singing Christmas Carols. He just wouldn't fall asleep. So I asked him, "if I bring you into mommy and daddy's bed will you lay down by me" of course he answers yes...anything to get him out of his crib. I pick him up out of his crib and now have Isaiah in one arm and Levi in the other and the three of us lay down together as I continue singing "O Holy Night" and "Silent Night" about 30 times each (literally) and he is just now finally sound asleep...It's 2:38.

As ready as I was for nap time, my time...It's the precious memory of holding my sweet little 2 year old boy and singing Christmas Carols on the first of October that I will hold with me for a long, long time.

I did it...my first blog post...ever! Check back...maybe I'll do it again tomorrow?!

No comments: